I just realized that I forgot to post the November blog. Only joking,
I have no excuse, except for the last couple of weeks when I couldn't post any pictures to the blog. Well, after many attempts and a lot of on line research, I am happy to say we are back in business. Please enjoy the art from our November meeting and stay tuned for the Feb. blog in a couple of weeks. ( I promise.)
Better late then never.
ALTERED ART ADVENTURE 6: WORDS WITHIN,
A BOOK STRUCTURE AND DECORATED PAPERS
Mark your calendars!!
What: Words Within, A Book Structure
When: Sat. Mar 7, 2015 9 AM - 5 PM
Where: Rubber Stamp Plantation Honolulu ---746 Ilaniwai St., in Kakaako
Why: Because ya gotta have ART!
Deb West and Pam Yee have come up with another workshop for you! Deb will teach you to paint/collage decorative papers to cover and embellish your book structure. My WHAT?? Pam will teach you to assemble a book structure - no sewing necessary (unless, of course you want to!). Then we will show you how to put it all together for an amazing, one-of-a kind book.
Students need to bring:
- · a basic tool kit: scissors, pencil, ruler, bone folder, paper trimmer
- · brayer
- · good glue or double stick tape (to adhere decorative paper to substrate),
- · one bottle of Elmer's glue and glue brush for making decorative papers
- · your favorite stencils
- · your favorite colors of acrylic paint,
- · a Scor-pal (if you have one)
- · heat tool (if you have one)
- · needle and linen thread, fiber or dental floss to attach signatures to your book (optional)
- · decorative papers 12- 12 x 12 sheets (OPTIONAL) You can use these to SUPPLEMENT the papers you make or instead of the papers you make
- · washi tape (optional)
Instructors will provide:
- · substrate (chipboard, papers, cardstock, envelopes to construct your book)
- · paper for your decorated papers
- · acrylic paints to share
- · basic stencils to share
- · pre-cut text for decorative papers
Workshop fee is $100. You can send a check to Pam Yee, 25 Wilikoki Pl, Kailua, HI 96734. This workshop has limited seats available. For more info call Pam @ 808.373.6250 or Debbie @ 808-218-8778
There will be a few (5) pkgs. double stick tape for sale. If you need one, let us know.
Samples are available at RSP.
You may bring a brown bag lunch. There are also a few eateries within walking distance.
Two views of covers.
Two views of the inside structure.
|Sue shows us an inspiring layout for the|
Design and Create Art book.
|Debbie's game plan always begins with|
a list for the Game Plan book.
|What type of list?|
|Keeping track of lists.|
|A list of Lists|
|And even more lists.|
|Boy, oh boy, this girl|
sure likes to make lists!
|What happens when you finish everything|
on your list?
Start a new one!
|Stephanie's Imagination Illustrated spread.|
|Pat made great use of her available palette|
of colors in her Mystery Palette layout.
|Jennifer's Hero spread featuring Pippilotta|
Mackrelmint Ephraim's Daughter
|Lorena created this beautiful water lily|
for the Circle of Color book.
|Kim and Kehau's From Mundane|
to Sublime spread shares their delight about
discovering a beautiful glass beach.
|Stephanie's Game Plan is all|
about her to do list!
|Pam's Chill-Lax layout is all about|
|and making art!|
|Su didn't dilly Dali with her with|
her tongue-in-cheek What's my Line spread.
|Rosemary's It's About Time layout visits|
A Clockwork Orange.
|Orange you freaked out?|
|Amy's High Rise Adventures layout features|
|There's no need to fear, Underdog|
|Lorraine shares a little Mermaid for|
her Faerie Folk spread.
|Darrell shares What makes me Sing for the|
last 35 years.
|My love, my life!|